Wednesday, June 2, 2010

mountain climbing















Joe and I spent the last few days with some of my mom's side of the family. We hiked in the rain, walked around town, napped, and climbed this part of the mountain. Well, some of us climbed. I have never climbed anything like that without repelling gear. So, it was a bit scary. But the feeling of accomplishment and the beautiful view was well worth the climb.

As I was climbing up, I had to maneuver my hands and feet. There were times I had to stop and look around for the next best move. Most of all, I had to pray that I wouldn't slip or fall. Knowing that God is with me calmed my nerves and helped me to move ahead.

I feel like that with this adoption process. I struggle with fear and frustration. But prayer and walking with Jesus helps. I know that these delays are for a reason. Probably ones that I will never completely understand. Maybe he is delaying it so that we will be ready for a referral when our baby is ready to be referred. I'm glad that I don't have to have all of the answers.

Good news!!! The home study has finally been sent out. We should get it any day now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment