Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who'd a thought. . . .

I remember hearing stories of how people said their home study took longer than expected and thinking, "If I follow all of this advice and get all the paperwork done quickly, that won't happen to us." WRONG!!! It is a little bit amusing to me now. (maybe not a week or two or three ago. . . )

I sort of lost the excitement of the process this past week. I think I was tired of the hopeful expectation of moving forward and being disappointed over and over. Once again, when I gave up the desire to rush, things slowly began to move. So, Joe's background check has been received and the official home study really should be done this week. From my understanding, Korea doesn't have much paperwork for the dossier as many other countries. PRAISE GOD!!!
I guess we find out when our agency reviews the home study and gets back in touch with us. Because most of it was already done, they have already received the rough draft and (I think) approved us to move forward already. YAY!!!

We start raising support soon. We have decided to make a prayer support-team e-mail or Facebook list. We can include more personal needs and prayer requests that way. I am going to try to figure out how to post our support letter on this blog somehow so that those who are interested can read it. We sang a song in church today that said, "If our God is for us, then who can stand against us?" It was such a great reminder of why I need to stop worrying, but also why prayer support is so important. Financial support is going to help us with paying for the adoption, but prayer support is going to get us and our child through the battle.

Thank you to those who have already been praying! Keep it up! God is definitely working in all of our lives already.

1 comment: