Friday, May 7, 2010

Still Waiting




These are pictures of my halmoni (grandmother) and some of her children, grandchildren, and a couple of great-grandchildren. There are actually more family members not present that day!

As far as the adoption process goes, everything is in and complete, except Joe's prints. He had to go 2 times already and it looks like there may be a third time. UGH! So, we are waiting. As I said earlier, this does give us time to focus on the other things we have to do this season. I have been staying at work late, or bringing work home since this is one of the busiest months of the year. God is probably helping us to not be overly-stressed right now. . . at least that is what I choose to believe. HA!

Speaking of God knowing what is best for us, I had a clear message brought to me on Sunday. I was driving home from my parent's house listening to the radio. It was a pastor, I don't remember who, talking about obedience to God. The focus was on when Jesus told the disciples to cast their nets out after not being able to catch anything all day. It didn't make sense to do it, it was more work and time that could be wasted, and they were tired. But the fish was there in abundance! God provides when we step out in faith.

So, I get home and decide to watch Adrian Rogers. He is talking about the same topic. After him, was Charles Stanley. He spoke on the same topic as well. Charles Stanley even talked about how God sometimes only shows us what we need to see when we need to see it. Meaning, we are given bits of information step by step. Not knowing the future is part of what helps us cling to Him. He said something along the lines of; If God calls you out, even though it doesn't make sense, He has already worked it out for you. You don't need to worry. That doesn't mean there won't be bumps in the road or trials. But it does mean that He takes care of His children. We are not alone and don't have to work everything out. Ofcourse, it also doesn't mean that we are to sit and do nothing. We have a part to play. The important thing is to seek Him and follow His lead.

That is so encouraging!! I find myself worrying about how we are going to afford all sorts of things and whether I am going to keep teaching or not. I don't have an answer yet, so I am going to focus on what He has for me today. It is like the song, " I don't know about tomorrow. I just live from day to day. I don't borrow from it's sunshine, for it's skies may turn to gray. I don't worry over the future, for I know what Jesus said. And today I'll walk beside Him, for He knows what is ahead. Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand. But I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand."

I hope that this encourages you as well.

1 comment:

  1. Well said! I went to a baby shower last night for a friend. She has a boy that was in school and at the end of the year, they realized it best to homeschool him this year. She wasn't sure about it and even had enrolled him for the following year. She was faithful and now she is pregnant and on bedrest. God knew what her circumstances were going to be and what a blessing that she did not have to worry about getting him to school everyday. This little boy has been able to witness the body serving her during this time. And above all, they have had some sweet family time together. There have been trials, but the blessings are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete