Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Enjoy the Journey


God answers prayers quickly sometimes! I woke up and got a summer schedule worked out. I also had time to pray and read. I was really convicted about trying to do things in my own strength, my own way. I was also convicted about being ungrateful. I have so many blessings to be thankful for that I shouldn't focus on what I want and don't have. Do I really need a patio set? No. I had a great time using the dining room table, which was an answer to prayer a little over a year ago. I realize that I waste so much time worrying or trying to work things out myself, that I miss out on the excitement of the "ride". An analogy I read this morning was about a boy that went on an amusement park ride with his dad. His dad was worried about his son possibly falling out but he looked over and his son was smiling the entire time. Afterward, he asked his son why he wasn't scared. His son told him that it was because his dad was next to him and knew that he would protect him. I want to be more like that boy with my heavenly father.

As the bulk of the adoption payment comes closer, I fear that we won't have enough money to cover it. I also still struggle with fear about how we will afford to live once we get our baby. What will things be like? What will our baby be like? What kind of problems will I have to deal with then? . . . There are so many fears that I know God will work out somehow. I need to give those fears to my father and enjoy this journey. I pray that you too will be able to enjoy this journey no matter what fears or problems you may be facing today.

(Oh, quick note: We got our gift report from Promise686 today. Many of you who have told me that you have given were not listed. Please make sure you put DeGuido adoption on the memo. If you forgot, either let me know or e-mail promise686.)

No comments:

Post a Comment