Monday, June 14, 2010

First immigration paperwork sent in

I already had the I-600A paperwork mostly filled out by the time the home study was approved. There were some confusing questions that I needed help answering and spent a couple of days finding them, but pretty much sent the form out quickly. So, another $830 has been spent. We are now waiting for Homeland Security to tell us where to get our next set of prints done and when. I'm almost positive it will be in Atlanta, which isn't too bad for me, but Joe may have to take more time off work.

Other than that, our adoption agency is working on getting our paperwork ready to send to Korea, which is really exciting. I have been reading other blogs from people who have adopted from South Korea and saw one that was where we are now a year ago. They got their home study approved in June and went to get their baby in January. I can't believe it may be that soon. But then again, I have read others that took longer. So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

In the meantime, I am tutoring 2 days a week and going to school most other weekdays to work on the projects I am doing. I finished one already! This next one will probably take me much of the summer, but it is nice to have a more flexible schedule. The only problem is that I haven't gotten a routine down yet. I am not getting good quiet time or bible reading done lately and I am feeling the effects. I'm sure Joe is feeling it too! LOL

So, please pray for both of us to stay connected with God and walk in the spirit. I am selfishly praying for a patio set for me to do my morning quiet time on. Joe is trying to save as much money as possible for the adoption and here I am ready to spend some of our extra money coming in. Maybe it is one of the consequences of not being connected. I do easily find myself discontented when that happens.

Also keep praying for protection for our baby, the birth mom and foster parents. We are probably a few weeks to a few months away from a referral. We can either accept or pass on the referral. We need discernment on whether the first baby referred is the one God wants us to have.

We should be hearing from Promise686 soon as to how much support we have raised so far. I apologize to anyone who has sent in a donation and has not received a response from us. We have not received a list of contributors. We should be getting something soon though.

Thank you to all who are following and encouraging us. We have been so blessed to know that people want to be apart of all of this. Your prayers are so needed and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment