Friday, March 26, 2010

First contact with home study agent!!!

We got a call that we have been waiting for! Our home study agent was assigned to us and called the same day. This agent is one that we have been hoping and praying to be able to use. She has come highly recommended by several others that have used her. She is also familiar with Promise 686, an organization at our church that assists families with adoption. So now we are getting geared up for another phase of paperwork and running around. We are still waiting for our official application from the adoption agency to arrive. I guess that we will have plenty to do over Spring Break.

People have asked us what we are going to name our child. Since we don't know if it is a boy or girl yet, it is hard to say. But we do have names picked out.
If it is a girl, we are going to name her Hannah Lee, after my halmoni (grandmother). Her maiden name was Hae Im Lee. She helped raise most of her grandchildren and was a woman of service and unconditional love to us.
If it is a boy, we were debating between Samuel (the long-awaited prophet by his mother) or Joseph (the name Joe has always loved). BTW- Joe's real name is John. But the name Joseph has won out because our very first donation was given by one of my students, named Joseph. So, in a way, our boy will be named after him. William will be the middle name, after my brother, my grandfather, and Joe's grandfather. The fact that so many important men in our lived have the same middle name, was quite helpful in our decision. : )
So now, we wait to find out what to call our child. I am soooo excited!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting that call! I remember I was so excited about that. Our social worker called me but did not leave a message and I called her back and then it was awkward. lol.
    I love your names. :)

    ReplyDelete