Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kimbop!



Most people I know, when talking about family driving trips, talk about fond memories of picnic lunches with sandwiches and chips or stopping at restaurants. Well, I used to look forward to stopping at a rest area and eating kimbop! I call it the Korean version of sushi. Oh, and I don't use fish or crab. I don't like seafood. Yeah, I'm not a good Korean eater in that area. BUT THANKFULLY, there are versions with ground beef, chicken, hot dogs, spam, or whatever.

I made this from scratch today. It took about 2 hours for all of the work. I feel more empathy for my mom, because she used to make more than twice as much. The longest part is preparing each individual part for the inside, including seasoning the rice. I generally don't put as much ingredients, but it just tastes slim without the extra stuff. I think my mom would be proud. : )

1 comment: