Monday, April 19, 2010

Interviews and then more Korean cooking!



It has been a long but good day. I stayed late at work so that we could meet with our social worker there. Since Joe also works in the same building and it is MUCH closer to the social worker than our house, we thought it would be better. So, we started at about 3:45pm. I had my interview first. I was asked questions about my childhood, schooling, my relationship with my parents then and now, my relationship with my brother then and now, my relationship with Joe's family, and what color underwear I was wearing. For those of you who were not asleep, the last one was a joke. I really can't remember what else, but there was so much that we finished a little before 5pm. Then, it was Joe's turn. We finally finished and left work at around 6pm. (If that doesn't sound late to you, remember that we get to work at 6:45am.)

Then, we got to drive home in traffic. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. But then again, Joe was driving. HA! I had planned on cooking another Korean dish not thinking about how much time it would take to chop everything up. I don't use a food processor and prefer to do it by hand probably because that is how my mom always does it. There is a picture of it at the top. This is called chopche. It is clear noodles with a soy sauce base and yummy veggies such as carrots, Korean spinach, onions, and green peppers. It also has some beef called bulgogi. I made the bulgogi yesterday. And yes, I did marinate it myself. I guess all of those lessons my omah(mommy) gave me stuck! And Joe is happy to enjoy the results.

So,our final home visit is Wednesday! After that, we are only waiting on Joe's fingerprints to be processed and a medical form from his doctor before our social worker can finish up all the paper.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've visited your blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is awesome! Bless the LORD for He is good.

    ReplyDelete