Tuesday, April 13, 2010

God is Faithful

Talk about last minute!! I called the doctor yesterday a couple of times and my medical paperwork still wasn't complete. That was the last piece of paperwork we needed to turn in for both our application and our home study. Well, the receptionist calls me at 4:55 to tell my it is finally ready. She faxed it to me just a few minutes before the social worker arrived. Joe and I have both been (and still are) dealing with nausea since Friday night, but felt okay during our first home visit. After she left, we laid down and fell asleep at 9am. Praise God! It was the first night since we got sick that we slept all through the night.

I'm not sure if Joe and I ate something bad or what, but we can't shake the nausea. I felt great this morning, but it came back when I took the kids (my students) to recess. We walked a lot and I think it really wore me out.

Here is another praise. . .
I have been praying about what I can do this summer to earn some extra money for the adoption and getting the house ready for a baby. I thought about all sorts of things from tutoring, to working at Camp-All-American with Jr. Camp, to working as a cashier somewhere. I also knew that I would have to work on curriculum stuff for my grade level. I had actually thought and prayed about maybe seeing if I could do some things for the school and get paid. Well, when I was meeting with my principal this morning, she offered me a job doing something for the school over the summer!! I really needed a good reminder of his faithfulness.

So, next week we have our individual meetings with the social worker and another home visit. Then, she gets our home study together!! We get a little break from paperwork before another round starts. Hopefully, this stomach thing gets better so we can enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. God is so faithful! I am soo glad things are coming together for y'all!

    ReplyDelete